Tuesday, October 25, 2016

2D Week 09, Proxies and Concept Refinement

First I created a proxy model of a tree in Maya:


Next I brought the leaves and trunk separately into Houdini to scatter them and change their size procedurally. They were brought in separately in order to change the collisions on the leaves to 'none' later in the engine. 


Finally I brought the trees and floor into Unreal:




In a later conversation I discovered that this pipeline was not the ideal solution to our problem of creating a forest, and instead used the Unreal terrain editor to create a more hilly environment and preserve separate UVs on each of the trees:








1 comment:

  1. Nice work. I wouldn't make all the trees into one large blueprint. Look into making a procedural system in Ue4 landscape. Take a look about 22 min into this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYDn2sQ8uKs

    ReplyDelete